No one can deny the beauty of a Palomino horse with their variety of cream to golden shades. A horse this stunning deserves an equally magnificent name. Consider names inspired by your Palomino's gorgeous coloring or their vibrant personality.
Some names just roll off the tongue and are pleasing to the ear. A few of these lovely names include the following.
- Rapunzel - This is a great choice because Palomino horses have beautiful long golden hair just like this Disney character.
- Blanca - Sounding ever so sweet rolling off your tongue, this name means "white" in Spanish. It is also understood to be anything pale in cream colors.
- Chantilly - Delicate like the lace and sweet like the cream, this is a gorgeous name.
- Orianna - This unique name means "sunrise" in Latin.
- Tesoro - This name means "treasure" in Italian, and treasure is always golden.
Names based on the typical colors of a Palomino horse, which range from creamy yellow to gold, are very fitting. Who doesn't love color coordination?
- Citrine, a yellow-toned gemstone
- Soleil, French for "sun"
- Golden Nugget
- Sand Dollar
- 24 Carrots (not karat)
Naming your Palomino horse after a certain type of food or drink is a wise idea. However, it's extremely common for owners to name their horses after tasty treats, so it is important that you choose a name that someone else nearby hasn't already chosen. You want your horse's name to stand out.
- Lemon Drop
- Angel Food
- Lemon Meringue
- Piña Colada
- Nila Wafer
- Nutter Butter
- Dulce de Leche
Many famous people are just so famous that their names are immediately associated with their images. Consider the singer Debbie Harry, who is better known by her stage name, Blondie. Below are some famous names that will suit your Palomino horse.
- Bowie or David Bowie
- Dolly Parton
- Princess Diana
- Belle, like the Disney princess
- Marilyn Monroe
- Goldie Hawn
- Pooh Bear
- Vanilla Sky
- Vanilla Ice
- Orville Redenbacher
If you weren't 100% committed to any of the above names, try these one-of-a-kind options that you won't see on other horses in your area.
- Golden Ticket
- Greased Lightning
- Atomic Blonde
- Mellow Yellow
- White Gold
- Rose Gold
- Pikachu, after a Pokémon character
- Fool's Gold
- Brass Nuckles (for a feisty horse)
Picking a name for your golden mare or filly might take some special consideration. You want a name as graceful as she is, with a powerful and elegant flair. Any of these choices would be fitting.
Decision-Making Tips for a Golden Name
Choosing one name is very hard to do, no matter who or what you are naming. Here are some tips to help guide you in the right direction.
- Think about your horse's personality. Is it super sweet or a little bit saucy?
- Is your Palomino horse on the lighter or darker side, between blonde and beige colors?
- Choose a name that is easy for you to say.
- Just go for it! Let your quirky side show when naming your horse. This is a fun task, and it shouldn't be looked at as a hassle. Let your enthusiasm show through your horse's name.
Find a Name That Sticks
No matter how silly or how serious of a name you choose, when the time comes, and with the help of this guide, the right name will just come to you. It will click, and it will stick.