Your horse's name reflects their personality, lineage, and personal tastes. No matter the age or gender of your horse, elegant names are graceful, luxurious, and stylish. Inspiration for these types of names comes from things and people considered grand, beautiful, rare, and highly coveted.
Other Words for Queen
The most iconic elegant women are queens from past empires and literary fantasy worlds. These women command respect and exude grace. A strong, independent female who leads others deserves a name that means "queen" pulled from different languages.
- My Khaleesi - A word from the fictional Dothraki language in A Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin.
- Erregina - From the Basque language spoken by the indigenous people of the Basque region on the border of France and Spain.
- Karaliene - Pulled from the Baltic language spoken in Latvia.
- Malkia - A word from the Bantu language Swahili as spoken in parts of Africa.
- Larenn - From Creole, one of the official languages of Haiti, based on French and African languages.
Other Words for King
If you need a strong, elegant male horse name, look no further than words meaning "king" in other languages. Not only do these names carry great meaning, but they sound regal.
- Kral - Pulled from the official language of the Czech Republic.
- Errege - From the Basque language spoken by the indigenous people of Basque Country on the border of France and Spain.
- Roi - The French equivalent of king.
- Boqor - A word from Somali, one of the official languages of Somalia.
- Regem - Pulled from Latin, the language of the ancient Roman Empire.
Luxurious fabrics have been used to create beautiful clothing for rich and important people throughout history. These names are a unique way to pay homage to your horse's coat.
- Vicuna - A rare animal from Peru resembling an alpaca, their fur is used to make one of the rarest fabrics in the world.
- Charmeuse - This luxurious type of silk is often used to make gowns.
- Brocade - A rich, woven fabric with raised designs in gold or silver.
- Damask - A reversible fabric with elegant woven designs.
- Jacquard - A complex fabric with a pattern woven into it.
Some of the most beautiful places in the world serve as elegant inspiration for your horse.
- Espana - The Spanish name for Spain.
- Janeiro - Inspired by Brazil's Rio de Janeiro.
- Kyoto - A former capital city of Japan.
- Isfahan - A town in Iran.
- Emirate - Inspired by the wealthy nation of the United Arab Emirates.
- Brunei - A small country in Southeast Asia.
- Santorini - A beautiful island in Greece.
Graceful poets, authors, and literary character names inspired by your horse's personality are unique name options.
- Daenerys - A queen in the Song of Fire and Ice series, Daenerys Targaryen is strong-willed and beloved for her compassion.
- Arundhati - An Indian author, Suzanna Arundhati Roy is passionate about helping others.
- Bronte - Acclaimed sisters Charlotte, Anne, and Emily Bronte were writers and poets.
- Rosalind - A smart, clever woman from Shakespeare's As You Like It.
- Auden - W.H. Auden was a poet known for his love poems and inclusion of societal issues.
Gemstones and minerals are the epitome of luxury, making them ideal for an elegant horse name.
- Alexandrite - Changes from greenish-blue to pink-red depending on the light.
- Beryl - Mostly comes in green and blue colors, emerald and aquamarine are types of beryl.
- Edoylerite - When found, it is yellow but turns to an olive green after extended light exposure.
- Thulium - A shiny silver color.
- Fuschite - A strong emerald green color.
As horse names typically describe the horse in some way, these elegant adjectives look and sound beautiful.
- Opulent - means lavish
- Balletic - means related to ballet, graceful
- Lithe - thin and graceful
- Palatial - like a palace
- Grandiose - overly grand
Throughout history, elaborate and detailed architecture appears as a way to express personality and wealth. These terms roll off the tongue while sounding strong and beautiful.
- Charette - a period of intense work.
- Biophelia - the innate connection that forms between humans and nature.
- Facciata - "face" in Italian.
- Archivolt - molded band around an arch.
- Caryatid - female figure in place of a column.
If you want to create your own unique, elegant name for a special horse, try one of these suggestions:
- Look at names of things considered rare or expensive. Use the word as is or add a few letters on the front or back to make it original.
- Choose words from ancient languages, which aren't likely to be used often and sound elegant by nature.
- Combine two more common names you like to make a new name.
For more inspiration, look at the names of:
- Famous world rulers
- Castle names
- Remote locations
- Rare food items
- New plant and animal species
- Important historical figures and their horses
- Words for types of money in different languages
- Artists and art styles
- Unique baby names
- White horses
- Colors or color patterns
Anything or anyone that is regal, luxurious, rare, or graceful serves as inspiration for an elegant name. Remember, this is the name your horse will keep for their lifetime, so choosing one that best suits them is important. Take a look at their features, their personality, and their overall appearance prior to selecting their lifetime name.
A Name With Feeling
Elegant horse names offer an immediate impression of what to expect from your horse. Choose a respectable name that gives spectators or visitors great respect for your unique animal. The names of kings and queens are among the most elegant, but there is inspiration everywhere.