Your dog's tag isn't just a means of identification; it can be a great way to show off their (or your!) unique personality. Instead of simply engraving, "If lost, call __," why not include a fun phrase? You can find the perfect funny dog tag message to fit your pooch, no matter if they're a lazy bones or a Casanova.
Funny "I'm Lost" Messages for ID Tags
In many cases, someone may look at your dog's tag because they're lost. Use these silly lines to let people know your pup needs rescuing.
- Call my people. They are lost without me
- Not all those who wander are lost. Except me. I'm lost
- Call my mom, she's ugly crying right now
- Keep calm and call my parents
- If you can read this, I'm lost
- You better call my family before they freak out!
- Please rub my belly, then call my people
- I just met you, and this is crazy, but I am lost, so call my daddy
- Lost AF
- Free hug upon return
- I have misplaced my humans
- What the fluff? I'm lost
- If I'm wandering the wastelands alone, call my mom
Silly Phrases for Custom ID Tags
Most pet tags allow you to include four or even six lines of text. That's a lot of space! After you've entered all necessary emergency contact information, consider one of these silly messages to add some personality to your dog's tag.
- Zombie Response Team: K9 Unit
- Every day is a "bones" day
- Cute but psycho
- Treats go in mouf
- Rub my belly and tell me I'm pretty
- My bum blows kisses
- Zero woofs given
Pet Tag Sayings for Mischievous Dogs
Some dogs can't help but express their attitude. If your dog is a wise guy, these funny sayings might suit them.
- World's best escape artist
- I know I'm handsome, but you can't keep me
- Do not feed after midnight
- I ran away from home #sorrynotsorry
- Have your people call my people
- Call my humans, I'm up to no good
- I'm the reason we can't have nice things
- Mischief managed
- I solemnly swear I am up to no good
- I'm high maintenance. You don't want to keep me
Funny Things to Put on Dog Tags
A lost pet is no laughing matter. However, your dog's ID tag is something they must wear daily, so you may as well have fun with it. Your groomer, vet, or fellow pet parents at the dog park will get a kick out of your quirky sense of humor. And if your dog does go missing, having a legible ID tag with all necessary information will help you be successfully reunited.