Black cats are associated with bad luck. In the United States, they are the least adopted color of cat in animal shelters, which is just unfair. Uncover the truth about how loving, lucky, and interesting black cats are, and share one of these black cat quotes so everyone knows.
Loving Black Cat Quotes
Black cats have a reputation for being aloof and standoffish, but they can love just as much as any other cat. Check out the evidence!
- Black cats are one of the most underrated animals of all time; the extent of their love is immeasurable.
- There is no greater gift than the love of a silky black cat.
- It has never occurred to me that a black cat would be anything else than affectionate.
- Black cats are just as loving, playful, and humorous as all other cats.
- "Every girl needs a little black cat." - Gwen Cooper
- "A black cat among roses, phlox, lilac-misted under a quarter moon, the sweet smells of heliotrope and night-scented stock." - Amy Lowell
When adding a caption to a photograph on social media, choose the one that resonates best with you.
Black Cats and Good Luck
Black cats are often associated with bad luck or a bad omen, but they're also associated with good luck in some cultures. Check out these quotes!
- Contrary to popular belief, black cats bring good luck.
- Success awaits those who dream about black cats.
- If you wake up to a black cat, you know today is going to be a good day!
- Walking upon a black cat will provide you with enough good luck to last the remainder of the day.
- "A black cat will bring its owner good luck." - The New England Historical Society
- "A black cat is a good-luck sign." - English Proverbs
Interesting Black Cat Quotes
Black cats are often underrated and not given a second glance. However, they're actually quite intriguing. Here are our favorite interesting quotes about black cats:
- Don't be afraid to take the advice of a black cat if one ever crosses your path.
- Superstitious minds automatically assume the worst about black cats.
- Seeing a black cat is a bad omen for your enemies but a favorable sign for your allies.
- The most fortunate of all cats is the domesticated black cat.
- Black cats have nine lives, just like all other cats.
- "When a black cat crosses your path, follow it. Understand the knowable unknown." - Lionel Suggs
- "A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Black Cat Quotes from Famous Individuals
Even celebrities recognize the gentle, playful demeanor of black cats. Here's a few:
- "Black cat, nine lives. Short days, long nights, livin' on the edge, not afraid to die." - Janet Jackson
- "This latter was a remarkably large and beautiful animal, entirely black, and sagacious to an astonishing degree." - Edgar Allan Poe, The Black Cat
- "Some people say that black cats are bad luck, but I've been in love with one all my life." - Marilyn Monroe
- "With my aversion to this cat, however, its partiality for myself seemed to increase." - Edgar Allan Poe, The Black Cat
Adopt a Black Cat
Black cats are often the last to be adopted from shelters and rescues. That's a shame, because black cats are just as lovable as any other cat. But there is good reason for their unpopularity: superstition. If you have never had a black cat, and you're looking, this could be the perfect time for you to get to know them and bring one home.