Mice can make for great pets, especially if you think tiny critters are especially cute. Take your time getting to know your pet before selecting the best mouse name ever for your new mouse. That way, you can choose a name based on their personality, favorite activities, or interests instead of simply their appearance. For example, you might choose a different name for a feisty mouse compared to one who's sweet as honey. The possibilities for mouse names are endless, but this is a great place to start!
Cute Mouse Names
Cute mouse names work for both male and female mice. You can consider:
- Mr. Snuggles
Cinderella Mouse Names
If you're a Cinderella fan, you may consider naming your pet mouse after one of the mice from this movie. The sweet mice that appear in Cinderella include:
Disney Mouse Names
If you're a Disney movie fan, there are plenty of Disney mouse names to choose from. You can consider:
- Mickey (Mickey Mouse)
- Minnie (Minnie Mouse)
- Bernard (The Rescuers)
- Miss Bianca (The Rescuers)
- Basil (Great Mouse Detective)
- Timothy (Dumbo)
- Doormouse (Alice in Wonderland)
- Roquefort (The Aristocats)
- Cheese (Tinkerbell)
Famous Mouse Names
Some famous mouse names to think about include:
- Jerry (Tom and Jerry)
- Mrs. Brisby (The Secret of NIMH)
- Danger Mouse (Danger Mouse)
- Mighty Mouse (Mighty Mouse)
- Pinky (Pinky and the Brain)
- Brain (Pinky and the Brain)
- Stuart (Stuart Little)
Silly Mouse Names
If you're looking for a silly or punny mouse name, you can consider:
- Mouse code (Morse code)
- Mouserella (Mozzarella)
- Mouseli (Muesli- a favorite food)
- Big Cheese
- Lucy Fur (Lucifer)
- Monterey Jack
- Tater Tot
- Dairy Queen
- Hot Dog
Gender-neutral Mouse Names
If you prefer a unisex name, there are many great options available. Some include:
Female Mouse Names
Female mouse name options include:
Male Mouse Names
Male mouse names to consider include:
Classic Mouse Names
For a timeless name, you can consider:
Tips for Naming Your Mouse
Whether you have a male mouse (buck), female mouse (doe), or have a really young mouse (pinky), picking a name can be a great way to bond with your new pet. If you aren't sure where to start:
- Spend some time with your new pet mouse and get to know their personality -- this can help you narrow down some fitting name choices.
- Decide if you want your pet's name to be inspired by their appearance, favorite treat, or personality; or if you want your pet to have a famous or silly name.
- Create your own mouse name generator by selecting a few names or adjectives you are drawn to and coming up with a few fun name combinations to choose from.
- If you select a name that just doesn't feel right after you've gotten to know your pet a bit more, feel free to switch it to something more fitting.
What Should I Name My Pet Mouse?
Giving your pet mouse a name can be tricky. Take your time, narrow down your selection, and try to pick a name that suits your pet's unique personality. When you find the perfect name for your mouse, you'll know.