Horses have been part of our history for thousands of years. We've learned so much from these amazing animals; they taught humans how to communicate, how to care for other living creatures, and how to work together as a team. It's difficult to translate into words exactly how much your horse means to you. Fortunately, these quotes may help capture just how important your horse is in your life.
A Horse's Personality
Each horse has their own personality, but they do have important traits in common, like beauty, strength, honesty, and bravery. Here are our favorite quotes about a horse's personality:
- "A horse is an enigma wrapped in a mystery inside an impenetrable shell covered with hair." - Robert Orben
- "A horse is a poem. A horse is a prayer. A horse is a moment of grace. All we need to do is give it meaning."- John Steinbeck
- "A horse is God's best gift to mankind."
- "The majority of kids adore horses, and some of them never outgrow that affinity."
- "Horses are unmatched in their capacity to love and be loved."
- "Horses lend us the wings we lack." - Pam Brown
- "The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and freedom." - Sharon Ralls Lemon
- "Every different horse has a different personality, like a human." - Nikola Jokic
- "Horses have a way of turning dreams into reality."
A Horse's Bond
Horses are very social creatures, and they form lifelong bonds with the people who care for them. Here are some quotes that relay just how much their bond means to us:
- "The acquisition of a great horse will alter your entire existence."
- "If you love horses, you will never be lonely." -Jean de la Fontaine
- "The horse is an animal that can carry you in this world and take you to heaven." - Billy Graham
- "The horse has been given to us by God as the noblest gift one creature can give another." - George Bush (Sr.)
- "One's heart remains unawakened until it has loved a horse."
- "A piece of your heart remains dormant until a horse awakens it."
- "Love horses and you will find a lifelong affair."
- "I love the bond between a horse and its owner, and their mutual affection for each other." - Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- "Horses and dogs are the two animals we can become the closest to as humans."
- "One of the best honors of life is developing deep emotional bonds with horses and dogs."
- "It is the horse's gift to connect us with Heaven and our own footsteps." - Ronni Sweet
- "Horses have an innate ability to understand human needs with no words spoken."
A Horse's Loyalty
A horse's loyalty is one of the things that makes them so special. They're always there for us when we need them most and they'll do whatever they can to make sure we stay safe, happy, healthy, and strong!
- "Horses are devoted companions who don't judge you but celebrate your successes."
- "When everything else fails, you can rely on your horse."
- "If you want to win the respect of other people, you must be able to show them that you are a man who knows how to handle horses." - Theodore Roosevelt
- "The horse has been my friend since boyhood; he has taught me more than all my books; he has carried me through many rough places; he knows me thoroughly; I am part of his life and he of mine." - William Lyon Phelps
- "Horses are one of our most loyal friends and they have a wild side that makes them wonderfully gentle."
- "A horse has a heart the size of a man's head. It is capable of tremendous love and loyalty." - Sam Abell
- "Horses bring us elegance, power, passion, and devotion."
- "A horse is one of the few things that cannot be replaced by money. It is priceless. The love for a good horse is akin to the love for a good woman. It can't be bought or sold at any price." - David Allen Coe
- "A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence." - Pam Brown
Horse Quotes from Famous Authors
Horses have inspired the imaginations of many great writers and poets. The following quotes about horses come from some of history's most famous authors:
- "Horses make a landscape look beautiful." - Alice Walker
- "From horses, we may learn not only about the horse itself but also about animals in general, indeed about ourselves and about life as a whole." - George Gaylord Simpson
- "Horses change lives. They give our young people confidence and self-esteem. They provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls - they give us hope." - Toni Robinson
- "Horses are like potato chips - you can't have just one." - Suze Orman
- "The horse is a poem of the world." - May Sarton
- "You can learn how to care for a horse, but you can never learn how to love one." - Julia Morgan
- "My first love was the stage, but my first infatuation was with horses." - Martha Raye
- "Horses are like lovers: The best ones give themselves up entirely, without reservation." - Jean Cocteau
Choosing a Quote
A photograph of your horse is worth a million words, but why not add the perfect caption to go along with it? The perfect quote can be hard to find. Pick a quote that speaks to you and add it to your collection for your next social media post with your best buddy.