When a shelter dog enters your life, it is as if you suddenly feel complete, your heart grows three sizes, and never again will your face sport anything but a giant smile. These rescue dog quotes capture the intense love and bond between a person and their forever pet.
Heartwarming Rescue Dog Quotes for a Bond So Big
On the surface, it might seem as if you rescued your pup, but any rescue pet owner will tell you straight up that it is always the doggo who saves the person. Celebrate the beauty, the bond, and the connection a human and a canine who's been given a second chance have with these quotes.
- Those who believe in unconditional love are probably rescue dog owners.
- Love at first sight still exists. For proof, head down to a dog shelter.
- When I found my rescue animal, I found my purpose.
- I didn't believe in fairy tales until I walked into that dog shelter and met my soulmate.
- True love is a hop, skip, and a dog shelter away.
- I gave this dog a house, and they gave me a home.
Famous Rescue Dog Quotes to Celebrate the Bond
Taking in a furbaby is simply one of the best feelings in the world, and these notable quotes help highlight the experience.
- "Not all homes should have a dog, but all dogs should have a home." - Anonymous.
- "Every human should not buy a dog but rescue in need and free him from the sufferings and give him love, care, and shelter." - Ridhima Badola
- "You can't change a dog's past, but you can rewrite the future."- Agnes Carass
- "Secondhand animals make first-class pets." - Anonymous
- “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn’t ever know we had.” -Thom Jones
- “I found me when I was rescued by dogs.” – Anonymous
- “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” – Gandhi
- “A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, smart or dumb. Give him your heart… and he’ll give you his.” – Milo Gathema
- “When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” – A.D. Williams
Funny Quotes About Rescue Dogs
Sure, adopting a rescue pet is an amazing experience, but that is not to say that there won't be a few hiccups along the road. These quotes are oh so cute and funny and oh so true; just ask any rescue dog parent.
- My rescue and I are stuck together like this dog hair is permanently stuck on my furniture.
- I look at the dog hair, the chewed-up furniture, and the stains, and then I look at my rescue dog and think... worth it.
- You can have nice things or a rescue pup, but you cannot have both.
- Hate sleep, love dog hair, and live for fetch? If so, rescue dogs are for you!
- Shelter pups: Lose your mind, find your calling.
Adorable Instagram Dog Rescue Quotes for Your Perfect Pup
Your rescue animal is everything to you, and you cannot help but continuously snap their picture and plaster their beautiful, goofy face all over your Instagram page. Be sure to pair your pics with a few quotes that sum your pal up perfectly.
- My favorite dog breed is rescue.
- I look at this pup's face and think: Who exactly saved who?
- Give me pure-of-heart over purebred any day!
- Live your life, aspiring to be as loving as your rescue pup.
- Rescue dogs: Fur-real heroes!
- Keep calm and rescue on.
Special New Dog Adoption Quotes
If you have recently adopted a dog, these are sure to resonate with you. Post a pic of your pup on the 'gram or Facebook to share the love.
- Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely, for that one dog, the world will change forever.
- Sometimes, the best things in life are furry.
- The love of an adopted dog is priceless.
- Adopt a dog and find your truest friend.
- A rescued dog brings joy, love, and endless adventure.
- Adopting a dog means choosing love over pedigree.
- Every dog has its day, and for rescues, it's the adoption day!
- The more people I meet, the more I love my rescue dog.
- Unleash the love: adopt a rescue.
- Who adopted who? The eternal canine conundrum.
Meaningful Rescue Dog Quotes
When you rescue a dog, you're making a huge impact on their lives. Such an impact cannot be measured, but there are captions that can help capture the heart behind it.
- You can't buy love, but you can rescue it.
- The best things in life are rescued.
- My favorite type of pet has always been a rescue.
- Rescue is not just a verb; it's a promise.
- A house is not a home without a rescue dog.
- Life is short; rescue a dog.
- In the eyes of a rescued dog, you see gratitude and love.
- When you rescue a dog, you gain a heart for a lifetime.
- Rescue: where the best breed is love.
- Life's a beach with a rescue pooch.
- Rescue dogs: putting the 'wow' in bow-wow.
- In the game of life, rescue dogs are the jackpot.
- Paws and reflect: every rescue dog is a tail of love.
Punny Quotes About Rescue Dogs
There is little not to love about rescue dogs and punny quotes; hence, combined, they are pure magic.
- Mutts love got to do with it?
- All is paw-sible when you rescue a dog.
- Adopt a dog and join the 'mutt' movement!
- My rescue dog is a breed apart.
- He might be a little ruff around the edges, but this rescue pup is the only one for me!
- Found my forever fur friend. Whoop! Let's raise the roof and paw-tay!
- Join the bark side, adopt a rescue!
Rescue Dogs Have a Special Place in the Heart
When you take in a dog and give them a home, that animal will forever hold a very special place in your heart. Cherish them while you have them, recognize their constant contribution to your life, and be grateful each day that you made the monumental choice to rescue a dog.