If you're on a mission to find a great name for your new dog, there's no need to yelp for help. Why not look to PAW Patrol names for inspiration? Head to the Lookout where you're sure to find the perfect fit for a dog of any age, breed, or size. Green means go, so let's dig in!
Top PAW Patrol Character Names
True fans of PAW Patrol know that these pups are the stars of the show. Consider naming your dog after one of the original six team members. Pick your favorite character, one that's the same breed as your dog, or the name that you think sounds the best.
- Chase: This German Shepherd Dog police pup doesn't mess around. Chase is a great name for a mighty, yet serious, dog.
- Marshall: As a firedog, it's no wonder Marshall is a Dalmatian. He's a silly goof, making this a great namesake for any humorous dog.
- Rocky: This mixed breed pup, who operates a recycling truck, is very adamant about preserving the environment.
- Rubble: A bulldozer-wearing Bulldog, Rubble is a construction worker. He also has an unquenchable appetite, making this a cute name if your dog is always hungry.
- Skye: This team member is an air pilot Cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel and Poodle mix). Have a pup who loves to jump or fly through the air? This would make a great name!
- Zuma: This water rescuing Labrador Retriever can't get enough of aquatics. He even drives a hovercraft/submarine. Consider this name for a water-loving pup.
More PAW Patrol Names
These new PAW Patrol members and supporting characters also have unique names. Try any of these out for your canine companion.
- Apollo: A superhero dog and star of the TV show the PAW Patrol crew likes to watch.
- Arrby: Sid's pirate Dachshund.
- Cap'n Turbot: A human friend to the PAW Patrol crew, marine biologist, and watchman of Adventure Bay.
- Dwayne: A Great Dane and part of the Ruff-Ruff Pack.
- Ella and Tuck: Golden Retriever twins who have the ability to shrink (Tuck) and grow (Ella).
- Everest: A snow-loving Husky who is called for missions in ice or snow.
- Hubcap: A French Bulldog and part of the Ruff-Ruff Pack.
- Gasket: A Siberian Husky and part of the Ruff-Ruff Pack.
- Liberty: A city-dwelling long-haired Dachshund who occasionally helps the PAW Patrol.
- Mayor Goodway: Mayor of Adventure Bay and a human.
- Mayor Humdinger: Leader of the Kitten Catastrophe Crew and enemy of the PAW Patrol.
- Rex: A Bernese Mountain Dog who helps with dino-related missions.
- Robo-Dog: A robot dog created by Ryder who drives their vehicles.
- Ryder: The human leader of the PAW Patrol.
- Sid Swashbuckle: A pirate who steals things.
- Tracker: A bilingual Chihuahua and new member of the PAW Patrol team.
Names After Real Heroic Dogs
Think it's only possible for dogs to be heroes on television? Numerous pet dogs have taken heroic action to save their owners or others. Consider the names of these brave canines as namesakes.
- Barry: A well-known Swiss Saint Bernard who reportedly saved over 40 people during his life in the early 1800s.
- Bruno: This K-9 German Shepherd Dog from California took a bullet for his handler in 2014. He lived for two years following the incident.
- Sergeant Stubby: A Bull Terrier mix who fought in World War I and earned the title of sergeant.
- Togo: A heroic sled dog who led the team of dogs transporting life-saving serum that saved the city of Nome, Alaska, in 1925.
- Trakr: An iconic police dog who aided in recovering survivors after 9/11.
- Zippy: A Russell Terrier in Florida who saved his family from a fire in their home.
Help Choosing a PAW Patrol Name
If you're thinking about giving your new friend a name from PAW Patrol, you may want to consider their breed, personality, and skills. A wholesome and somber Chihuahua might suit the name Chase, whereas you might choose to name a food-motivated German Shepherd Dog Rubble. Go with your gut and pick the name you think fits best with your new addition.