Cats make wonderful pets and companions. With so many interesting cat breeds out there, it is hard to choose which cat to call your own. If you decide on a brown kitty, you are in luck in the naming department. There is no shortage of brown cat names to give to your furry bff.
Brown Cat Names Based on Sweet Treats
When you think of the color brown, chocolate is one of the first things that comes to mind. Play on sweet treats to give your kitty a sweet name.
- Kit Kat
- Mello (inspired by Carmello candy)
- Cee Cee (based on cookies and cream)
- Clark (as in Clark Bar)
- York (York Peppermint Patty)
- Lass (inspired by molasses)
- Chino (short for cappuccino)
- Chester (inspired by chestnuts)
- Wally (for a cat with walnut-colored fur)
- Cassia (means cinnamon in Greek)
- Madaline (French cookie dipped in chocolate)
- Bran (type of cereal)
- Amadine (dish made with almonds)
- Chip (as in chocolate chips)
- Filbert (another word for hazelnuts)
Brown Cat Names Based on Savory Foods
Warm, savory comfort stews are the heartbeat of cuisine, just like your furbaby is the heartbeat of your life. Use brown-hued, savory foods as naming inspiration.
- Sir Loin
- Stu (inspired by brown stews)
- Frenchie (French fries)
- Mush (for a kitty who is a mushroom color)
Brown Cat Names Inspired by Nature
There is so much beauty in the color brown. You only have to look to nature to see it.
- Branden (means brown hill)
- Cephas (Greek for stone or rock)
- Autumn (often associated with browning vegetation)
- Forest (think wintertime forest)
- Ewan (Scottish for "of the mountain")
- Sierra (meaning mountain in Spanish)
- Birch (for a cat with both brown and white markings)
- Danner (German for dweller near the fig tree)
- Darragh (Irish word for oak tree)
- Ebony (dark, almost black, wooded tree)
- Brin (means hill in Welsh)
- Ela (meaning earth)
Keithia (English name meaning wood)
Ailin (Gaelic for little rock)
Beaumont (means beautiful mountain in French)
Montana (translates to mountain in Spanish)
Brown Cat Names Attributed to the Color Itself
The color brown comes in so many wondrous hues, shades, and tints. Many of those brown colors make perfect cat names.
- Russ (as in the color russet)
- Cru (play on ecru)
Pay Homage to Other Animals
Cats are not the only animals that come in the color brown. Look to other members of the animal kingdom to help you name your feline.
- Cam (like camel)
Turn to Other Languages for Inspiration
Sometimes a word said in a different language sits so beautifully on tongues. Try using the word "brown" in various foreign languages to help you name your pet.
Brown in European Languages
The word 'brown" translates to some beautiful European words that make lovely names for pets.
- Marró (Catalan)
- Marrone (Corsican)
- Ruskea (Finnish)
- Braun (German)
- Donn (Irish)
- Rudas (Lithuanian)
- Kanella (Maltese)
- Maro (Romanian)
Tan in European Languages
If your pet cat is a lighter shade of brown, taking on more of a tan hue, try these European translations of "tan."
- Cirk (Albanian)
- Bronzu (Corcisan)
- Bronzer (French)
- Cser (Hungarian)
- Brong (Luxembourgish)
- Solbränna (Swedish)
Brown Is Beautiful
When you think of color, brown isn't the first hue that comes to mind when you think of beauty. Truth be told, brown is nothing but beautiful with plenty of rich names to back it up.