Losing a horse is not an easy thing. To many, it feels like they're losing a part of their family. To honor your horse's memory, you may want to post a photograph with the perfect caption. We have compiled a list of horse loss captions to help on your healing journey.
Heartfelt Horse Loss Quotes
Even if you had the chance to say goodbye, it doesn't make it any less painful. Here are some heartfelt horse loss quotes to express just how much your horse was loved.
- Even though we had to let go of our horse, we will never let go of our memories together.
- Saying goodbye to you is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Rest now in green pastures.
- Only those who have loved and lost a horse know that their heart will never be the same.
- New horses won't replace the horse we lost, but they will carry on their legacy.
- I want to go to the same heaven horses and dogs go to.
- It's not goodbye, it's see you later ... when we can ride together again.
- You think you know how much you love your horse ... then they go to Heaven and we discover the love we had was immeasurable.
- Any creature as free as a horse can never be bound in life forever. I will see you when we meet again.
- The bond we shared - riding, working together, and learning one another - lives in my heart forever.
- Time will pass, but the love of our horse will remain with us forever.
Famous Quotes About Horse Loss
A horse's love is a gift. It is beautiful, pure, and unconditional. It's no surprise that it has endured throughout written history. These famous quotes will help you put your feelings into words.
- "Somewhere … Somewhere in time's own space, there must be some sweet pastured place. Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow. Some paradise where horses go. For by the love that guides my pen, I know great horses live again." - Stanley Harrisonour
- "Horses lend us the wings we lack." - Pam Brown
- "When we think of those companions who traveled by our side down life's road, let us not say with sadness that they left us behind, but rather say with gentle gratitude that they once were with us." - Unknown
- "We should never underestimate the powerful draw of a bond with a being that loves us unconditionally, asking very little in return. Losing this comfort and source of joy can be incomprehensible." - Linda Lipshutz
- "What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose; all that we have loved deeply, becomes a part of us." - Helen Keller
- "Sorrow is how we learn to love. Your heart isn't breaking. It hurts because it's getting larger. The larger it gets, the more love it holds." - Rita Mae Brown
- "God forbid that I should go to any heaven where there are no horses." - R.B. Cunningham-Graham
Quotes to Express the Grief of Loss
When your horse dies, it can be almost impossible to cope with the loss. This is a normal part of the grieving process. Don't give up, and keep trying to express your grief. These quotes may help get you through:
- When we truly bond with our horse, the loss is like the loss of a family member, and it takes time to feel normal again.
- When my horse died, my grief was so profound I didn't know what to do. Time doesn't heal all wounds, it only helps the grief to fade.
- In the few days following our beloved horse's passing, we experienced grief unlike anything we've ever felt.
- Despite the grief and pain of losing you, I would love you all over again.
- I didn't just lose my friend; I feel like I lost a limb. I didn't just lose a family member; I lost a piece of my own heart.
- Until you've loved a horse, you can't know loss like this. It's a peculiar kind of pain you can't express, but the love makes it less sharp.
- My horse is free now to run on the wind. Mostly, I'm just sad now because I can't ride with them.
- For so many years, we took care of each other. Now, I will take care to keep your love in my heart.
- Grieving a beloved horse comes in waves; sometimes the memories bring happiness, other times they bring sorrow.
- "I felt a grief that I had not really experienced before, even though I had lost relatives." - John Grogan
Choosing a Quote to Express Your Feelings
Some say you never truly get over the loss of a horse. But with time and patience, it will get easier. For now, take time to grieve and talk to others who have had the same experience. When you share photographs of your horse, including the caption that's right for you can be helpful. We hope we've helped make this process even a little bit easier by providing thoughts and words to help you convey the feeling of your loss.