The Marvel Cinematic Universe and 60-plus years of comics have created some of the most recognizable, iconic characters in the world. Whether you're a fan of the Avengers, X-Men, or any other Marvel comic book team, you have a wealth of ideas for dog names to choose from. If you're looking for a super name for your pooch, these unique, clever, and fun choices will make your pup stand out from the pack.
Marvel Names for Female Dogs
Marvel movies have captivated and entertained audiences all over the world for years. If you have a love for all things Marvel and recently adopted a female dog, a Marvel-based name could be the perfect fit!
- Christine: An investigative reporter and ally of Dr. Strange who has worked for different publications, including the New York Bulletin and Vanity Fair, in the Marvel Universe
- Black Widow: A beautiful but deadly Russian secret agent who worked for the KGB during the Cold War era, eventually becoming an Avenger
- Jane Foster: A nurse who cares for Dr. Donald Blake following his transformation into Thor, and who eventually assumes the mantle of Thor herself
- Nebula: An artificial human created by Thanos to replace his lost love, Mistress Death.
- Peggy Carter: The love interest of Captain America, she is also one of the founding members of S.H.I.E.L.D, and the character who became Captain Britain in Marvel's What If...? series
- Pepper Potts: Personal assistant to Tony Stark who eventually becomes his wife, she also wields the Rescue armor and is formidable in her own right.
- Scarlet Witch: A member of the Avengers, and one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel comics continuity, and in the films.
- Sersi: An Eternal known as the Goddess of Beauty in several Marvel titles, including Avengers, Avengers West Coast, Captain America, Quasar, Secret Defenders, Thor, and Fantastic Four.
- Shuri: Princess of Wakanda
- Wanda: Wanda Maximoff, also known as the Scarlet Witch
- Valkyrie: The daughter of Odin and the stepmother of Thor, she has superhuman strength, stamina, reflexes, and durability
Marvel Names for Male Dogs
The Marvel series is a collection of some of the best and most popular movies in the comic book genre. Some of these movies are based on comics, while others are original stories. Either way, choosing a name for your male dog is an important task, and naming your pup after one of the characters in the Marvel universe is sure to turn heads.
- Ant-Man: Known as Hank Pym in his daily life, Ant-Man has the ability to shrink down to ant size (or to giant size) and control ants with his mind.
- Bucky: Captain America's sidekick and best friend
- Captain America: Steve Roger's alias, under which he fights for justice as a member of the Avengers
- Cyclops: The leader of the X-Men, Scott Summers is a mutant with a powerful optic blast
- Falcon: An ally of Captain America
- Hogan: Iron Man's chauffeur
- Hulk: A green-skinned superhuman with a vast degree of physical strength
- Kingpin: A crime boss in Marvel
- Logan: Wolverine's human name
- Magneto: The leader of the Brotherhood of Mutants in X-Men
- Odin: The king of Asgard, father of Thor and Loki
- Panther: Like Black Panther
- Prowler: An enemy of Spider-man who works for Kingpin
- Puck: A mutant who grew up with Wolverine in Canada
- Sabretooth: Archenemy of Wolverine
- Sam: The main character in Sam Wilson: Captain America
- Spider: As in Spider-Man
- Stan: Named after Stan Lee; a comic book writer, editor, publisher, media producer, television host and former president and chairman of Marvel Comics, Stan Lee Created many of the iconic characters we love today
- Stark: Named after Tony Stark in Iron Man
- Thor: A superhero that possesses the powerful hammer, Mjolnir
- Tony: Tony Stark in Iron Man
From the Marvel Movies
Marvel movies are the highest-grossing films in the world. They have made people fall in love with superheroes and villains, and they have inspired a whole new generation of fans. If you're a fan of Marvel movies, look no further! Choose a name from one of your favorites.
- Darcy: Helps Thor after he arrives on Earth from Asgard in Thor
- Dr. Strange: A former neurosurgeon who, after his hands are destroyed in a car accident, searches the globe for a way to heal himself, encounters the Ancient One, and becomes the Sorcerer Supreme.
- Drax: An alien warrior from the planet Czarnia whose sole purpose in life is to kill Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy
- Gamora: The daughter of Thanos who joined the Guardians of the Galaxy
- Groot: A sentient tree-like member of Guardians of the Galaxy native to Planet X
- Harold "Happy" Hogan: Tony Stark's friend and body guard in Iron Man
- Kraglin: A pirate in Guardians of the Galaxy
- Loki: One of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's most notorious villains in The Avengers
- Nakia: A member of the War Dogs in Black Panther
- Martine: The love of Dr. Michael Morbius
- Morbius: Dr. Michael Morbius was a brilliant scientist who attempted to cure himself of his own disease by turning himself into a vampire.
- Rocket: Rocket Raccoon is a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy
- Storm: Controls the weather in X-Men
- Thunderbolt: Thunderbolt Ross is an army general who is the arch-enemy of the Hulk
- Vanessa: Wade's girlfriend in the movie Deadpool. She is played by actress Morena Baccarin.
- Wade: Wade Wilson in Deadpool
- Weasel: A nerdish, short man who is known for his expertise in technology and weapons, also sidekick to Deadpool
- Yondu: Leader of a faction of the Ravagers, a space pirate outfit, and adopted father figure of Star Lord
- Star-Lord: Space pirate, half-Celestial and hero of Guardians of the Galaxy
From the Comics
Marvel Comics is an American comic book and related media company owned by The Walt Disney Company. The company began in 1939 as Timely Publications and still continues to awe the world today. If you're a comic book junkie or if you just love the characters you've read about and seen in the movies, naming your dog after one of the characters in this famous series is probably a no-brainer.
- Abomination: The half-brother of the Hulk, who first appeared in Tales to Astonish
- Angel Dust: A mutant who has superhuman strength, super speed, and durability in the Deadpool comic.
- Black Knight: A medieval knight who had been magically cursed to live forever unless he could capture or kill his rival, the Green Knight, in Tales of Suspense.
- Curtis: Dr. Curtis Connors is a fictional scientist and Spider-Man's enemy, known as the Lizard, in the Amazing Fantasy comics.
- Deadpool: A disfigured mercenary who possesses superhuman physical abilities
- Flash: Flash Thompson debuted in Amazing Fantasy as a high school bully who tormented Spider-Man
- Gwen: The naive but intelligent girlfriend of Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man comic series
- Harry: Harry Osborn is the son of Norman Osborn, AKA The Green Goblin, and the best friend of Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man
- Kaecilius: The sorcerer who interrupted Strange's experiments with the Eye of Agamotto and attempted to kill him, but who was defeated by Dr. Strange's assistant, Wong
- Peter Parker: The alter ego of the superhero Spider Man, first appearing in Amazing Fantasy
- Wong: Servent to Doctor Stephen Strange in the Strange Tales comic
The Villains of Marvel
For dogs who tend to get into a little trouble now and then, naming them after a Marvel villain could be the perfect choice.
- Chitauri: The Chitauri are led by Thanos, a powerful warlord who has been described as the greatest threat to the universe.
- Corvus Glaicw: A character who first appeared in The Incredible Hulk, Corvus is one of the servants of Thanos.
- Cull Obsidian: Member of the Black Order, who were children adopted by Thanos.
- Goblin: The Green Goblin is a fictional supervillain in Spider-Man
- Hydra: A fictional terrorist organization, and opponent of Captain America
- Killmonger: The archenemy of Black Panther
- Ulysses Klaue: An arms dealer who sells weapons and trades in vibranium, enemy of Wakanda and the Black Panther
- Hela: The Asgardian goddess of death and ruler of Hel, the realm of the dead.
- Maw: The Mad Titan and the Eater of Worlds
- Proxima: Proxima Midnight is a member of Thanos' Black Order
- Thanos: The archenemy of the Avengers
- Ultron: Sentient AI who tried to destroy humanity in The Avengers
- Vanko: The father of Whiplash and the main antagonist of Iron Man 2
- Yellowjacket: An enemy of Iron Man
- Zemo: The son of Heinrich Zemo, the original Captain America's archenemy
Unusual Marvel Names
Some names in Marvel can get a bit ... strange (pardon the pun). If you have an odd pup in your life, consider naming them something unique. The world is sure to know your pup is one-of-a-kind.
- Baron: The leader of Hydra before being defeated by Captain America in World War II
- Chitauri: A race of humanoid aliens from the planet Chitauri Prime
- Colossus: A member of the X-Men and a former Soviet citizen
- Daredevil: Blinded by radioactive material as a child, this superhero has super senses and martial arts skills
- Hawkeye: Originally a non-superpowered human, Clinton Francis Barton, became a skilled marksman and martial artist. He later had his eyesight enhanced to superhuman levels, enabling him to shoot virtually any target without error.
- Ikaris: A member of the Eternals, an ancient race of human beings with superpowers who have long lived on Earth
- Nightcrawler: A member of the X-Men
- Professor X: Leader of the X-Men
- Quicksilver: Mutant member of the X-Men, Known for his super speed
- Rambeau: An ally and associate of Captain Marvel, also known as Carol Danvers
- Shang-Chi: A master martial artist who frequently interacts with other Marvel characters such as Spider-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage and Doctor Strange
- T'Challa: King of Wakanda, a small African nation with advanced technology that has never been conquered
- Wolverine: Known by many names, including Weapon X and Logan, Wolverine is a mutant with animal-keen senses, enhanced physical capabilities, a powerful healing factor, and retractable claws that come out of his hands
Choosing the Perfect Marvel Name
To choose the perfect Marvel name for your pup, choose five of your favorite names. Say each one out loud to yourself, and then to your pup. Which one of the five names you have chosen resonates most with your pet? Does one name in particular make them perk their ears up? This will be their name for life, so choose wisely! Continue proclaiming the various names until one sounds just right for both you and your furry companion.