If an animal has fur, fins, feathers, or scales, she has probably kept, bred, or shown it at some point in her life.
- She is a former breeder of Shih Tzus, Chihuahuas, and Poodles.
- She was a professional dog show handler who specialized in Toy and Non-Sporting group breeds until the demands of a growing family took precedence. As a handler and breeder, she was also responsible for training and grooming client dogs as well as her own.
- Over the years, she has also bred various types of exotic birds, including parakeets, cockatiels, lovebirds, and Green Cheek Conures. Her personal flock also includes a Lesser Sulfur-Crested Cockatoo who she has owned for over 25 years.
- As a hobby shared with her oldest son and daughter in their younger years, she bred and showed cavies (Guinea pigs).
- Kelly has kept tropical fish occasionally over the years as well, and she has a particular love for bettas, also referred to as Siamese fighting fish.
Kelly currently lives in Ohio with her family, one elderly Jack Russell Terrier, a pet cat, and a small collection of parrots.